november 15, 2011

The super soft and washable world of eco-plush

Today I was quite surprised to find a big package of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in my mail. As a supporter of the WWF I've had their member magazine send to me before, but that usually looks small and flat. Never did I receive any package this inflated and shapeless. Apparently I won with a member survey I had taken some time ago, so the attached letter said. A real aha-erlbenis remained distant as I take practically any survey I come across.

An eco-plush silver back gorilla. His real-life counterpart is
one of the so-called flagship species of the WWF. This
basically means that people regard the gorilla as cuddly.
Without further bothering what survey earned me this package, curiosity took over. My price? A beautiful plush silver back gorilla. Admittedly not entirely suited for a guy of my age, but then again one shouldn't look a gift uhm... primate in the mouth. Besides, he's totally free of 'chlororganics' (some type of nasty chemicals) and eco-friendly in any other imaginable way. The ticket says:
In buying WWF plush items you are supporting WWF - the global conservation organisation. For more information visit the WWF website. Carefully tested. High quality. Super soft. Washable.
Before you start judging the quality of my eco-plush gorilla I want to say I was a sceptic at first too. How can eco-plush measure up against any standard stuffed animal? Believe me, it can. My gorilla's ticket totally speaks the truth: he is super soft, but really amazingly soft. Not like any plush animal I felt before. It's also completely safe to put parts of the plush animal in your mouth as they are made according to leading safety standards. I wish I could transmit the feel of my silver back gorilla but sadly that isn't possible. Anyway, I'm totally into eco-plush right now as it is superior in all qualities, save the price. They are indeed a bit more expensive but they are sustainable and in buying them you support a good cause. Did I mention the 'free of child labor' guarantee already?

Writing on the conclusion, I realize that I am not sure what it is I hope achieve with this post. Maybe I'm only expressing how happy I am with my little gift? Or maybe I am making you aware of how awesome eco-plush is. Anyway, eco-plush animals make a wonderful gift. It would be good to keep this in mind considering the upcoming holidays. Finally something you can buy without the need of feeling guilty about consumerism ruining the planet...

SOME LINKS

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Dat vind ik nu eens een leuk initiatief van WWF ^^!